When the work requires working through the night to make things as good as they should be, a DJ really can save a life.
Pure Playlists is an irregular feature that takes an invasive peek inside the personal music caches of our team. These are the songs that, when the 屎 hits the fan, are going to mean that despite the lateness of the hour and the lethargy of the body, that each mind is still going to be functioning just as it should be.
Experiential Director Scott's vampiric thirst for inspiration has taken him on a pilgrimage through every medium of expression and entertainment he has gotten his hands on, and music is no exception. While occasionally bordering on eclectic and even perilously skirting the boundaries of cheesiness (with a deep-embedded disposition towards the devilish vice "easy listening" that comes from years of Clockwork Orange-esque brainwashing by radio), his playlist details a sonic journey that begins in mellow bliss, descending into lovelorn retro guilty pleasures, before finally exploding into inevitable disco euphoria.
1. Raindrops Prelude by Chopin
2. So Easy by Röyksopp
3. Things in Life by Dennis Brown
4. Put the Lime in the Coconut by Harry Nilsson
5. More Than This by Roxy Music
6. Could Heaven Ever Be Like This by Idris Muhammad
7. The Passenger by Iggy Pop
8. Walking on a Dream by Empire of the Sun
9. Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) by The Eurythmics
10. What is Love by Haddaway
Here, the minds behind Pure collate their impromptu musings, random inspirations and epiphanies borne of the deepest meditation.