When the work requires working through the night to make things as good as they should be, a DJ really can save a life.
Pure Playlists is an irregular feature that takes an invasive peek inside the personal music caches of our team. These are the songs that, when the 屎 hits the fan, are going to mean that despite the lateness of the hour and the lethargy of the body, that each mind is still going to be functioning just as it should be.
Alienor's list comes straight out of the door with classical god Beethoven before easing right down with the Scorpions' haunting ballad Still Loving You. Things then take a fast nighttime turn, skirting the environs of futuristic dubstep, gritty euphoria and robotic synth. Finally we climax with a summery Latin American take on a Rolling Stones classic, before finishing up with a bit of feel-good pep and raunch.
1. Symphony No.9 by Ludwig von Beethoven
2. Still Loving You by Scorpions
3. Life on the Nickel (Mansions on the Moon Remix) by Foster the People
4. Collect Call by Metric
5. Crave You by Flight Facilities
6. No Prayers by Zeds Dead & Omar Linx
7. Doin' It Right by Daft Punk ft. Panda Bear
8. It's Only Rock'n Roll (But I like it) by Banda Do Sul meets Natasha
9. Fleur de Saison by Emilie Simon
10. Blue Jeans by Lana Del Rey
Leave a Reply.
Here, the minds behind Pure collate their impromptu musings, random inspirations and epiphanies borne of the deepest meditation.